MAD-13 Rolltop Rucksack
GRANDAD CARRIED THIS
That's the philosophy behind this backpack. The MAD-13 is made to look, feel and serve like the time-honoured infantry bags of the early 20th century. In WW1 and WW2, waxed cotton canvas, leather and brass were the extent of military tech when it came to packs and protective gear. You won't find velcro or plastic buckles and clips here.
NOTHING PLASTIC HERE
The MAD-13 is a medium-sized rolltop backpack. The term rolltop refers to the fact that the top of the bag is rolled (or folded) closed in order to make a tight, water-resistant seal. The main material is beeswaxed cotton canvas with a 16oz weight. That's probably the heaviest you will find anywhere in the world. Waxed cotton resists water whilst still allowing the interior of the bag to breathe.
The MAD-13 is suited to commuters and day travellers who are looking for a rugged design that exudes confidence. With an extra-wide shoulder harness it suits a variety of wearers it’s neither too big nor too small. The full-length, YKK luggage-grade zip means that in a pinch, you can fill the main compartment right to the top. Watch the video below for more details.
HERITAGE STYLE - SUSTAINABLE VALUE
Jack Stillman specialises in making our range of authentic, heritage luggage, bags and accessories. Our processes and the raw materials we use are unmatched, ensuring anything we offer can be covered by our 10 Year Warranty. All of our gear is made in-house by our own full-time team of specialists. We only use:
- 100% cotton canvas that has a coating of natural wax to protect it from rainfall and moisture. No plastics here.
- Real brass that is 100% recyclable and will never loose its market value.
- Our leather is genuine, naturally cured Vegetable Tanned Leather that is hand coloured, burnished and edged.
- Quality YKK zips that are considered the best in the world.
All of these materials create a product that you can be sure will stand the test of time and look better with use than it does brand new.
- Australian Designed
- 28cm x 12cm x 40cm (62cm full open)
- Weight 1.1kg
- 20-29 (open) Litres
- Super-Tough Solid Brass Tongue Snap Hook
- Can Fit Laptops and Tablets up to 26 x 36cm
- 3 lines of PAL spec'd Molle on sides
- Genuine Leather Lashing Squares on the Base (belts and other accessories not included)
- Internal Organisation Pockets
- Reinforced 100% Leather Top Handle
- 16oz Beeswaxed Cotton Canvas
- 100% Vegetable Tanned Leather - Hand-Stained and Burnished
- Solid Brass Hardware
- Water Resistant but Breathable
- Woven-In Tough YKK Zipper
- Double External YKK Zippers
Simply cool AF....
I've had a lot ot of bags in my time but something about this bag just makes me happy every time I sling it over my shoulder. The waxed canvas & hardware are of superior quality and this is an item I can see lasting for decades if not centuries!? I've had so many comments about the bag in my 4 years of ownership that after this test of time I've simply had to write a review. (which I hardly do!)
Legend! Thanks Marco.
Roll Top Rucksack
Very well made backpack, love the brass and leather fixings. Will likely be a very long lived and loved item.
Thank you Richard!
Best back pack I’ve ever owned
It’s a fantastic piece of bag that I would recommend to families and friends..
Thank you Feremo!
Well made and comfortable to wear. will be buying more Jack Stillman products for sure!
Bag of a lifetime
This is my second Jack Stillman purchase, and once again I’m blown away by the obvious quality and attention to detail. It’s even better in person - a testament to a company that prides itself on doing the basics right and creating heirloom pieces. And in todays throw-away society, thats worthy of your attention.